Apart from support provided to Soroptimist regional and international projects, examples of projects supported by the Club include:
· Tuart College project assisting disadvantaged women to continue their education.
· Sponsoring Alternatives to Violence Workshop for women.. Building new homes for HIV affected families in Swaziland.
· Emergency Fund to assist women in emergency situations.
· Ongoing assistance to local women’s refuges and yearly purchase of sleeping bags for homeless people.
Past assistance and projects have included:
· Supporting REVISE, providing teacher relief for isolated parents
· Sponsoring the Women's Health Services, Northbridge to purchase art therapy resources for women with depression
· Trinity Learning Centre project supporting pregnant and parenting teens complete secondary education
· Working bees at Culunga Aboriginal School
· Supporting a birthing clinic in Bali
· Organising a community Wellness Day
For more information about Soroptimist International –
You can also follow Soroptimist International Maylands Peninsula on Facebook.